Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team as a FSQA Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: Assist the FSQA team and operations management with several technical subject matter areas associated with the Lumber Bridge processing plant
- Learn and understand the opportunities around foreign materials, what previous processes have been implemented and assist in identifying where change may be needed
- Be engaged in the production and quality assurance environments and processes
- Partner with appropriate personnel throughout the summer to receive support, tools, training, and implementation of processes as needed
- Learn and understand process CCP’s and operational flow
- Work to gather data, compile reports, and preform testing in the QA lab
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Must have a clear understanding of lab procedures
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills