Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team as a Grow Out Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Learn the responsibilities of a Broiler Flock Supervisor
- Record wind speeds in poultry houses on identified farms
- Compile data in a spread sheet comparing wind speed to overall farm performance
- Maintain detailed and organized recordings of findings
- Present findings through reporting and analytics to the Grow Out Team
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills, technical writing skills strongly desired
- Valid Driver’s License; Must pass Mountaire Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Travel Required – 70- mile Radius of Millsboro
- Work in challenging environments including dusty and hot environments
- Ability to lift 20 pounds or greater on a routine basis
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university