Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team as a Human Resources Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: Turnover is a priority in the Millsboro facility to maintain a consistent work force. This project will focus on continuous improvement efforts to reduce turnover rates at the facility. The project will focus on areas of high turnover and will work with the team to determine root causes and solutions. This internship will based in Millsboro for 50% of the time and Selbyville for 50% of the time.
- Work/Meet with operations, human resources, retention, and recruitment teams
- Review past and current turnover trends and efforts in place
- Analyze data to determine any correlation with turnover
- Spend time in the processing departments to understand the business
- Focus on a reason code for terminations to identify solutions
- Analyze data and process map improvements on engagement and morale
- Spend time learning about the HR process, procedures, and company policies
- Final presentation of improvements at the end of the summer with financial impacts and what the intern learned
- Partner with appropriate personnel through that summer to get support, tools, training, and implementation of process as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Work in a team environment and introduce new concepts, create ideas and be a visionary
- Positive attitude, willingness to ask questions, learn, and engage with the management and hourly workforce
- Self-Motivated and accepting of challenges
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university