To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 10 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional assignments; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Primary Project: Assist safety management in auditing chemical safety and lockout/tagout (LOTO) compliance at the processing facility. This will include working with facility personnel to provide the necessary corrective action.
- Learn OSHA regulations specific to 1910.147 (the control of hazardous energy).
- Review current machine specific LOTO procedures for accuracy.
- With the assistance of Management, make the necessary updates to LOTO procedures.
- Learn OSHA regulations specific to 1910.1200 (hazard communication).
- Conduct chemical inventory audits.
- With the assistance from Management, update chemical inventory database (MSDS Online).