Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Millsboro, Delaware as a Purchasing Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: To assist the Mountaire Strategic Sourcing Team in its pursuit of reducing Total Cost of Ownership throughout the company.
- Meet with functional owners throughout the company to determine their needs and requirements
- Conduct market research and meet with cross-functional teams to roadmap savings opportunities
- Help prepare and conduct sourcing events, bid analysis, and recommendations to senior leadership
- Analyze contract compliance using supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Help conduct Supplier Performance Reviews
- Assess supplier capabilities and identify new sources of supply where needed
- Strong analytical and research capabilities
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Work in a team environment, introduce new concepts, create ideas and be a visionary
- Positive attitude with a willingness to ask questions and to work with a variety of functional owners
- Self-motivated and accepting of challenges
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university