Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team as a Safety Intern. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 8-13 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional tasks; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
- Continue the development of specific lock out – tag out procedures in support of the Health and Safety Compliance programs
- Project will involve developing procedures based upon the information identified by visiting the location of the equipment on the processing floor and learning with the support of the machine operator and maintenance team
- With the assistance of Management, make the necessary updates to the current LOTO procedures.
- This project will consist of a significant amount of time on the production floor – often unescorted once trained – and will require a significant amount attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university