We are looking for a passionate, task oriented, college student to join our IT Helpdesk team in Paramus, New Jersey as a Helpdesk Intern. This is a PAID internship. Only actively enrolled college students will be considered.
This position will provide first -level support to all domestic Movado Group employees. The position will assist in the timely operational and technical support for all Movado Group desktop equipment; provide and aid the prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution, and documentation of all assigned desktop support problems and Information Services Requests, including PCs, printers, and all desktop hardware/software.
Intern would work on a part time basis, up to 25 hours per week, during normal business hours. Normal business hours are Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm.
This is a PAID Internship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily support and troubleshooting of all domestic desktop hardware and software issues
- Update Help Desk database with timely and meaningful information in accordance with desktop service levels.
- Gather and log all relevant information about the issue and attempts to resolve it using tools provided and the collective knowledge of their teammates and supervisors.
- Utilize knowledge base used to assist in troubleshooting efforts. Shares experiences with other team members.
- Assist in the deployment of desktop PC’s and peripherals.
- Respond to all voice mail and email on a daily basis.
- Develop working knowledge of all desktop applications, and OS software supported by Desktop Services. Troubleshoot and assist in the use of all supported software.
- Assist with maintenance of problem and asset management systems.
This position will also be responsible for various duties as assigned by the Director of Technology Services, including:
- Documentation: Assist in documenting installation and configuration procedures for both standard and non-standard software packages
- Projects: Assist in deployment and rollout of software and hardware as required by the demands of the business.
- Inventory: Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of Desktop services assets, including spare parts/items for break/fix support.
***New hires must be fully vaccinated at the date of hire. If you are unable to get the vaccine, or if you have any questions about these requirements, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
This is a great opportunity for any Information Technology or Computer Science related majors!
Only currently enrolled college students will be considered.
- Junior in college preferred
- Must have a can-do attitude and is willing to learn new things
- Must be very organized and have great follow through skills
- Must be task oriented and able to work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office