About this Job
Graduates with linguistics majors AND minors and with degrees in Asian languages and culture are especially welcome to apply, but we will consider applicants from all walks of life as well.
Expert fluency in both Chinese and English. Appreciation for language nuances and written translation experience are necessary on this job. Ability to translate bi-directionally is required, and we are especially interested in how you approach the level of formality in the source and the target language, as well as how attuned you are to issues surrounding the language register in translating instructions.
Experience in IT (Information Technology), including experience as a power user, would be extremely relevant for this role.
The position is fully remote and part-time: 20 hours a week… maybe more by mutual agreement.
To a large extent, the work is flex time: there are some meetings and trainings, but the work itself can be done at any time. Many meetings and trainings are recorded and can be viewed whenever is convenient for you. That said, moderate availability on Slack during normal business hours (Pacific Standard Time) is required.
Below are some of the data annotation tasks for which we are currently hiring:
- Giving human feedback to MT (machine translation) algorithms
- Editing MT outputs
- Bi-directional translation
- Evaluating and commenting on the accuracy of language detection machine learning algorithms
- Entity annotation
- Relevance evaluation
- Intent categorization using a complex, multi-dimensional taxonomy of intents
Appreciation of differences among many variants/dialects of the Chinese language is also highly valuable for us.
Some of the attributes of successful candidates are:
- Superior attention to detail
- A rigorous analytical mindset
- Sound judgment and a desire to contribute to evolving annotation guidelines
- The ability to form and apply mental models consistently
- Accuracy at speed
- Reliable performance on repetitive tasks – we like to think of our tasks as non-boring and repetitive 🙂
We look forward to reviewing your resumes and cover letters!
Please note that this job does ***not*** require any familiarity with data science, machine learning, or computational linguistics.
Moveworks.ai is a Series C top-tier funded startup that is building an AI platform that will resolve Enterprise IT needs instantly and autonomously.