We are seeking a professional or an aspiring professional with full non-English (see below) and English fluency and localization experience (even if minimal) to assist us in localizing the copy of a chatbot as well as giving feedback to machine translation algorithms and language detection algorithms.
The job is currently available for German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean linguists. We plan to expand the list, so if you speak other languages, please do contact us. Our source language is English.
Some job attributes us:
- superior attention to detail
- well-versed in issues such as voice, language register, formality vs casual speech, challenges with number, gender, use of imperative, and the like
- ideally, academic coursework in the target language
- attuned to cultural nuance
- rigorous mind
- team player who loves discussions and collaboration but who is also highly effective in solitary work
- IT experience a big plus