The R&D Co-op is responsible for supporting R&D activities by conducting experiments related to product and process development, preparing different allograft tissue forms based on protocols or SOPs, preparing test samples, developing and executing test protocols, and analyzing experimental data. Maintains a safe lab environment by following universal precautions and R&D lab SOPs.
- Participate in planning and performing experiments and analyzing results forResearch and Development projects.
- Process and/or optimize tissue protocols and prepare tissue samples for invitro characterization.
- Perform biochemical assays, mechanical testing, and other preclinical in vitrotesting.
- Execute and/or optimize test protocols to characterize new tissue forms usingin vitro experiments.
- Conduct scientific literature searches to support experimental study design.
- Document experimental data in Laboratory Notebook for all experiments andresearch activities, in compliance with GLP guidelines (will train).
- Generate simple statistical summaries and reports of collected data.
- Assist technicians with general laboratory duties such as preparing supplies for sterile processing, environmental testing, and maintaining safe laboratory conditions.
- May assist in testing apparatus/fixture design.
- Completion of at least two to three years credit towards engineering degree or related life science discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Biomedical,Chemical, Materials Science, Tissue Engineering)
- Experience with performing biochemical assays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic statistical analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team environment.
The Co-op must be able to work from January 2022 – June 2022
No housing will be provided
Pay Rate is $22 per hour.