LOCATION: New York, NY
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Summer Term – 2022
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 27, 2021
Munich Re’s track record as one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies is based on a solid capital foundation, in-depth risk expertise and market know-how. Our data, our technology, and our teams place us in a unique position to lead the change to redefine the nature and impact of reinsurance for the future. We’re investing strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which promotes professional development, innovation, and passion – and rewards high performance.
Our Summer internship placements provide you with an excellent opportunity to practically apply your classroom and technical training in the reinsurance industry. While with our team, you’ll be: coached by experienced industry professionals, exposed to Munich Re leadership, challenged as a valuable team member and contributor doing meaningful work, and mentored to develop a solid foundation that will help position you as a future leader in the field.
You’ll work closely with finance professionals and Actuaries to assist in several different facets of ongoing departmental initiatives, as well as with other key individuals across the organization.
As the Financial Reinsurance Intern, you’ll be exposed to all aspects of the FinRe business; providing you with valuable insight to not only our clients’ financing and strategic objectives – but a greater understanding of the industry as a whole.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
· Assist with modeling of Financial Reinsurance transactions;
· Assist the monitoring of existing inforce transactions;
· Perform research and analysis on client financials, earning reports, industry data;
· Support the greater team in compiling various elements with deal execution involving due diligence, preparation of approvals, etc;
· Analyze and summarize asset portfolio of insurance companies.
We’re looking for well-rounded individuals who are technically astute, have strong communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with internal clients. We’re seeking energetic and collaborative professionals who are excited to join our winning team and show promise of becoming a future leader in the reinsurance space.
Specifically, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
· Currently pursuing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Actuarial Science, Risk Management, or equivalent program – in healthy academic standing;
· Completion of professional exams are an asset but not required (CFA, SOA, etc)
· Excellent communication skills – spoken & written, formal/informal presentation;
· Proven capability to multi-task and successfully self-manage multiple priorities and projects of various significance;
· Exhibits solid organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail/accuracy in a fast-paced environment;
· Demonstrates leadership qualities – clear-thinking, curiosity, integrity, and drive;
· Proficient Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills;
· Preference for candidates who have relevant work experience (in financial services, actuarial, insurance)
Note that this opportunity is open to current students who are returning to in-class studies upon the completion of the internship.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.