POSITION: LIFE Finance Intern (Fall 2021 – New York)
LOCATION: New York, NY
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Fall Term – 2021
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021
Munich Re’s track record as one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies is based on a solid capital foundation, in-depth risk expertise and market know-how. Our data, our technology, and our teams place us in a unique position to lead the change to redefine the nature and impact of reinsurance for the future. We’re investing strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which promotes professional development, innovation, and passion – and rewards high performance.
Our internship placements provide you with an excellent opportunity to practically apply your classroom and technical training in the reinsurance industry. While with our team, you’ll be; coached by experienced industry professionals, exposed to Munich Re leadership, challenged as a valuable team member and contributor doing meaningful work, and mentored to develop a solid foundation that will help position you as a future leader in the field.
You’ll work closely with professionals to assist in several different facets of ongoing departmental initiatives including recurring expense management and AP processes, financial reporting projects and enhancements and internal control initiatives such as documentation of process and walkthroughs.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
· Assist with cash account reconciliations
· Assist with accrual account reconciliations
· Develop an IFRS disclosure checklist
· Develop pro-forma Audited Financial Statement and crosschecks
· Aggregation exercise of financial statements and MD&As of our competitors and clients
· Benchmark certain disclosures against other companies in the industry
· Attend walkthrough meetings and assist with documentation of business processes related to internal control over financial reporting
· Assist in the compilation and review of supporting documentation provided for control testing
· Prepare general expense account journal entries for quarter-end close
· Assist with SAP-Accounts Payable automation for clearing of Concur Invoices
· Assist with cash receipts application in BlackLine and Oracle for client payments received
We’re looking for well-rounded individuals who are technically astute, have strong communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with internal clients. We’re seeking energetic and collaborative professionals who are excited to join our winning team and show promise of becoming a future leader in the reinsurance space.
Specifically, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
· Currently pursuing an Undergraduate degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, or equivalent program – in healthy academic standing;
· Excellent communication skills – spoken & written, formal/informal presentation;
· Proven capability to multi-task and successfully self-manage multiple priorities and projects of various significance;
· Exhibits solid organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail/accuracy in a fast-paced environment;
· Demonstrates leadership qualities – clear-thinking, curiosity, integrity, and drive;
· Proficient Microsoft Excel skills;
Note that this opportunity is open to current students who are returning to in-class studies upon the completion of the internship.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.