We are looking for someone to intern February – May 2021*
During this internship you will learn about venture development through hands-on-training. The Incubator Intern will contribute to real ventures/businesses coming to life and get exposure to the latest technologies that will impact insurance and other financial services. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to rapidly expand their professional network through daily contact with corporate entrepreneurs who have worked in a wide range of industries in the US and overseas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accelerate venture development by assisting co-founders with new ventures
- Set up and support primary research calls and other research activities. Possibly conduct research calls independently.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and experts that can support the venture
- Manage sub-workstreams, projects, and dashboards
- Be part of the core team, helping as needed to achieve venture success
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Interest in building new businesses. Prefer experience with Lean Startup or design thinking frameworks
- Self-starter who is with a robust workload. A learner who picks up new concepts/terms quickly.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and accurately
- OK with ambiguity but work hard to put structure in place to lessen it.
- Proactive and not afraid to tirelessly follow up to keep us moving forward
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Majors: In MBA or other Master’s program. Strong coursework or other experience in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Product / Venture Development, or Venture Capital, Engineering
Computer Skills: MS Office programs and tools
At Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions