Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Advancement Intern beginning August 16 through December 10, 2021. The Advancement Intern works under the direction of the Advancement Coordinator and is an important part of the Music for All team.
Music for All’s Advancement department focuses on fundraising and sponsorships, which includes responsibility for the annual fund, sponsorship sales, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and gift planning, endowment and campaign initiatives, stewardship, and sponsorship and advancement services.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct prospect research on potential granting organizations and corporate sponsors
- Assist with database management and data entry
- Prepare fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Assist Advancement team with administrative tasks for the department.
- Work with Advancement team on special projects and assignments
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees and contractors are involved in the planning of events and will have on-site event production duties and responsibilities. Some travel, night, and weekend work may be required. Individual travel expenses will be covered by Music for All.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with an interest in music and fine arts and possesses the skills listed below. Music for All’s Advancement Internship focus will vary by season, based on the need of current workflow, and the training and interests of the successful intern applicant:
- Currently enrolled in a college-level degree program (preferred)
- Pursuing a degree in Non-profit Management, Communications, Writing, English, Journalism, History or Marketing (preferred)
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn the organization’s mission, vision, and core values
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as the ability to interact with individuals in and out of the organization (such as donors and sponsors)
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and strong attention to detail
- Be able to work on a wide variety of projects at one time
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
- Ability to work independently, with little to no guidance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is paid at an hourly rate. Interns will receive pay on the 15th and last business day of each month. Travel expenses (housing, transportation, meals, etc.), while working an event, are covered by the organization. Music for All is partnering with Butler University to offer discounted housing opportunities at Butler University’s Hospitality House.
Music for All offers internships year-round. These positions are anticipated to work 30-40 hours a week during their internships. This position will run August 16 – December 10, 2021. Start dates can be modified to fit into the constraints of a current degree program. Please note that this is a residential internship, and you must be able to complete your anticipated 30-40 hours in our office located in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All correspondence will be handled through email. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply before June 30, 2021. Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.