Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Fall Event Internship beginning August 16, 2021 through December 10, 2021. The Event Intern works under the direction of the Director of Events and the Events Manager and is an important part of the Music for All team.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and serve as an on-site Event Coordinator (with another member of the Events Team) for up to five fall marching band regional competitions (Regionals) plus our national championship (Grand Nationals).
- Assist with pre-planning for multiple Bands of America Regionals including preparing event communications, securing vendors, recruiting volunteers, arranging transportation and catering, and other event-related duties.
- Manage on-site functions at various events. This may include attending walk-through meetings, loading in/out equipment, monitoring transportation for staff, managing equipment rentals, facilitating volunteers groups, managing catering orders, monitoring event flow, setting up and tearing down the event, and other event-related duties.
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees are involved in the planning of events and have some on-site event production duties and responsibilities. Travel will be required and will include a minimum of five weekends between September 18th and November 13th.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with the following skills:
- Currently or recently enrolled in a college-level degree program
- Pursuing a degree in Event Management, Music, or Hospitality (preferred)
- Experience in event planning or volunteer management (preferred)
- Music background, previous experience in scholastic music is helpful
- Ability to travel weekly between September-November, as well as to work outside the normal workday hours as necessary and required
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Commitment and ability to manage and meet multiple, overlapping deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, problem-solving abilities, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service-oriented attitude, commitment to the organization’s mission and vision
- Solid analytical and communication skills; strategic thinker; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, etc.) is necessary
- Working knowledge of InDesign is helpful
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is paid at an hourly rate. Interns will receive pay on the 15th and last business day of each month. Travel expenses (housing, transportation, meals, etc.), while working an event, are covered by the organization. Music for All is partnering with Butler University to offer discounted housing opportunities at Butler University’s Hospitality House.
Music for All offers internships year-round. These positions are anticipated to work 30-40 hours a week during their internships. This position will run from August 16 – December 10, 2021. Start dates can be modified to fit into the constraints of a current degree program. Please note that this is a residential internship, and you must be able to complete your anticipated 30-40 hours in our office located in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 30, 2021. All correspondence will be handled through email. Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.