Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Fall Marketing Intern beginning August 16, 2021 through December 10, 2021. The Fall Marketing Intern works under the direction of the Music for All Marketing Department and is an important part of the Music for All team.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Marketing Department in the preparation and execution of marketing materials and projects
- Coordination of performer and event information for Bands of America marketing and communications materials
- Graphic design assistance for Bands of America event marketing and related materials
- Create and send email campaigns
- Proofreading of materials for marketing and other departments on behalf of marketing department
- Website updates and content maintenance
- Social media content creation and posting
- Collection and coordination of data for campaigns
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization’s business is the planning and execution of special events. As such, all Music for All employees and contractors are involved in the planning of events and will have on-site event production duties and responsibilities. Travel, including weekend travel, may be required. Individual travel expenses will be covered by Music for All.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with the skills listed below. Music for All’s Marketing Internship focus will vary by season, based on the need of current workflow, and the training and interests of the successful intern applicant:
- Currently enrolled in a college-level degree program (preferred)
- Pursuing a degree in marketing or communications field (preferred)
- Writing and proof-reading skills (copywriting, social media, and storytelling)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with individuals in and out of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and interest for being involved in a wide variety of marketing-related projects
- Adobe InDesign experience is helpful
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator helpful
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is paid at an hourly rate. Interns will receive pay on the 15th and last business day of each month. Travel expenses (housing, transportation, meals, etc.), while working an event, are covered by the organization. Music for All is partnering with Butler University to offer discounted housing opportunities at Butler University’s Hospitality House.
Music for All offers internships year-round. These positions are anticipated to work 30-40 hours a week during their internships. This position will run from August 16 – December 10, 2021. Start dates can be modified to fit into the constraints of a current degree program. Please note that this is a residential internship, and you must be able to complete your anticipated 30-40 hours in our office located in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2021. Writing and graphic design samples are highly encouraged. All correspondence will be handled through email. Music for All, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization and is committed to a diverse workforce.