.5 Library Para-Educator-7145
- .5 Library Para-Educator
- JobID: 7145
- Position Type:
- Student Support Services/Paraprofessional-Instructional
- Date Posted:
- Pennichuck Middle School
- Date Available:
- 2020-2021 school year
- Closing Date:
- POSITION: Library Para-educator
- LOCATION: Pennichuck Middle School
- STARTING: 2019 – 2020 School Year
- SALARY RANGE: Instructional Para-educators $13.65 – $19.83
- Technical Para-educators $14.06 – $20.28
- Pre- School, District Wide/Intensive Needs $14.44 – $20.69
- Placement is based on relative prior experience
- QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED. Title 1 Schools require Highly Qualified Status that would include either an Associate’s Degree or an equivalent two years of college, Bachelor degree or Para-educator II certification from the NH Dept of Education.
- EXPLANATION OF PARAEDUCATORS JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instructional Para- Educator: Under the direction of the classroom teacher the Para-educator assists in the implementation and reinforcement of the instructional curriculum, helps prepare and administer testing, provide input to teachers, guidance counselors, and school administration regarding student performance.
- Title 1, Kindergarten, ELL and Special Education Instructional para-educators fall under this category.
Pre-School Para Educator: Assists with students in the classroom, by planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum for assigned age groups.
Technical Para Educator: Assists with students in the day to day operations of the assigned program by helping them with assignments using the materials and technology provided. Job Coach, Alternative Room, Science, Computer, Graphic Arts, Health Occpation para -educators are technical paras.
District Wide Special Education Para Educator: Under the direction of the classroom teacher the Para Educator assists with implementation of IEP goals and objectives pertaining to educational needs, social-emotional, behavioral development, fine and gross motor skills to foster independence. Assist with the physical and minimal health needs of the children, which may include lifting, feeding, toileting/diapering, and personal hygiene.
- This posting should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive list of job functions or expectations associated with this position.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- Interested applicants should apply on our website at www.nashua.edu
- The Nashua Board of Education reaffirms its position of compliance with applicable State and Federal laws of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information and age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in the services, programs and activities of the Nashua School District.