At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, building, testing, and deployment of entirely new NBA products across the ever-growing ecosystem of connected devices (Xbox, Playstation, Samsung, Hisense, and others). You possess strong technical aptitude, have experience building for multiples set-top box platforms, and wish to further your expertise in software design and architecture. You’ll lead in a team distinguished by diversity in life, vision, and previous experience while sharing an ambitious and creative worldview reflecting the values of our organization. You will find an opportunity to shape and scale products to millions of passionate, engaged fans around the world, and to shape a small team of collaborative, supportive, and visionary builders alongside you.
- Collaborate with platform API colleagues to design and consume network resources for minimal latency and optimal efficiency
- Create iterative and approachable code commits illustrated in well-documented pull requests
- Own workflow processes, automations, and integrations
- Mentor and encourage your peer and associate engineers
- Design, implement, and maintain the appropriate unit, UI, and integration tests
- Perform constructive code reviews and collaborate in larger architecture and design discussions
- Research, present, and propose novel initiatives that advance our engineering and product goals
- Manage workload and organization using Agile methodology and project ticketing tools
- Work with your colleagues to ensure project milestones and shared objectives are well-planned, transparent, and balanced for the team to achieve
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- Knowledgeable of prevailing platform patterns, designs, idioms, and a desire to respectfully debate their merits and trade-offs
- Experienced with building apps for TVs – the 10-foot experience (smart TVs, game consoles, etc.)
- Well-versed in with standard workflow tooling for source management and ci/cd
- Experience with Agile development philosophies and practices
- Understanding of the role asynchronous code plays in modern application architectures
- Interest in specific domains for sports and live-sport-event technologies: Video streaming, low-latency networking strategies, etc.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.