NCYL seeks a Senior Education Liaison for the Compassionate Education Systems Arizona program in Maricopa County, a collaboration with Phoenix Union High School District and Arizona’s Department of Child Safety (DCS). This person will be passionate about improving education outcomes for youth in the foster care system. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work on a dynamic team and have deep impact on young people.
· Improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by working directly with youth to identify their educational goals, utilizing effective education planning, advocacy, and addressing barriers to full educational engagement.
· Participate in school site, district meetings, and local advocacy efforts to advance awareness of challenges, educational supports, and advocacy solutions needed to improve educational outcomes.
· Track required data in a web-based case management tool in a consistent and timely manner.
· Support capacity-building efforts with site based, district and county partners, through presentations and trainings.
· Support demonstration site reporting, evaluation and program progress tracking.
· Support the creating and development of promotional material.
· Represent and provide coverage in the absence of the Program Manager.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working with youth in the foster care system.
· Committed to NCYL’s mission
· Demonstrated ability to utilize a racial justice lens.
· Demonstrated ability to build rapport with youth and families.
· Knowledge of trauma-informed practice.
· Knowledge of Maricopa County and community-based resources.
· Ability to identify school based and external community-based resources and make appropriate referrals.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and coordinate services with community agencies.
· Ability to create training materials, develop local and state community resources, execute county-wide outreach and training plans.
· Familiar with the creation of web-based content.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well autonomously and as a part of a team.
· Ability to stay organized and manage multiple work streams.
· Ability to obtain an Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
· Car and valid Arizona driver’s license,
· Ability to navigate cloud servers, Zoom, phone systems and other software.
Location Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time non-exempt position with a competitive annual salary of $62,310.00. NCYL provides robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, generous vacation and sick benefits, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, employer contribution to a retirement plan and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
This postion requires travel to multiple sites in Maricopa County and the ability to work remotely.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume. Please no calls or emails.