The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you’ll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society is offering an exciting internship within the Volunteer Engagement department. This unpaid internship can provide school credit and offers valuable experience in the non-profit, engagement, relationship management, and event planning industries. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, be self-motivated, a team player, results-oriented, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by MS.
Intern(s) will assist with the execution of all Volunteer Engagement functions. These tasks will include volunteer outreach, recruitment, communications, cultivation, and recognition for the 2021 Texas MS 150 and local Walk MS events. Will also include some administrative, database management, and event production activities.
- Day to DayVolunteer Recruitment & Cultivation (70%)
- Volunteer Engagement Strategy (30%)
- Specific ResponsibilitiesEach day this intern will work closely with the Volunteer Engagement Specialist in developing outreach lists and making calls to potential volunteers, cultivating new volunteer group and individual recruitment, contacting prior volunteers, setting up and fulfilling maintenance on Sign Up Genius pages, continuously updating and maintaining DWUI, and assisting with in-kind sponsorships related to volunteer engagement.
- Learning ObjectivesIntern(s) will receive a thorough overview of non-profit volunteer engagement work, most specifically related to fundraising events. Gain relevant work experience in non-profit volunteer engagement field (50%)
- Gain experience working within a team and committee environment (25%)
- Opportunity to learn about multiple sclerosis and work with the leading national organization supporting people impacted by MS (25%)
THIS IS UNPAID. If seeking academic credit, consult with your faculty advisor.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.