Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park is a prehistoric American Indian site, where many different American Indian cultures occupied this land for thousands of years. American Indians first came here during the Paleo-Indian Period hunting Ice Age mammals. Around 900 CE, the Mississippian Period began, and people constructed mounds for their elite, which remain here today.
The Community Volunteer Ambassador (CVA) will help rebuild the volunteer program at Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park. This will include using the findings from a recent Volunteer Program Review conducted by the Regional Office.
- Address maximizing park goals/objectives through the strategic use of volunteers
- Work with multiple divisions to gain insight into the volunteer needs throughout the park
- Reach out to the local community & organizations for volunteer support, especially Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) & underserved communities
- Assist with the creation of volunteer events (days of service, etc.) & park-specific events
- Assist supervisor in digitizing documents for the volunteer program Post volunteer opportunities on social media and volunteer.gov
- Length: position is 50 weeks, 40 hours/week
- Start Date: Monday, February 7th 2022
- Living Allowance: Baseline allowance of $500/week* AmeriCorps Award: $6,345 (pre- tax)
- Application Due Date: 12/17/2021, or Until Filled Members will attend a week-long, nationwide, National Early Service Training
- Members will receive Public Land Corps Hiring Authority upon completion
- High School diploma or GED required
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Be 18-30 years old (35 years old if you are a veteran) Be willing and able to commit to a year of full-time work Be willing to occasionally work weekends and odd hours
- Submit proof of a Driver’s License and undergo a Federal Background Check, upon selection
- It is very likely that all participants will be required to be fully vaccinated to serve in the 2022 CVA Program. At a minimum participants will be required to get tested weekly if they are not vaccinated. Dates for implementing these requirements are not yet determined, but we expect that compliance will be necessary by the end of 2021
- Ideal applicant will have an outgoing and affable personality
- Local candidates within commuting distance of the park and with knowledge of local communities are preferred
- Experience with Adobe products and managing social media Strong public speaking skills and effective communication skills
Park housing is not available. Up to an additional $65/week may be allocated to support rent.