Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking a Data Sciences Intern to join us for our 2022 spring internship program. By interning with the Data Science/Marketing Science department, the intern will be able to develop proficiency in analytical techniques and technologies, which can be applied to future data analytics/data science roles. The Data Science intern will integrate into our Data Science team to support a wide range of data analytic needs. The intern will develop an understanding of how research is conducted and how our clients use it to inform their business strategy.
- Start Date: January 24, 2022
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Support the Data Science team in leveraging machine learning and statistical modeling for both predictions and analysis.
- Assist team in maintaining and developing a codebase to evaluate data and build both custom and productionized client solutions.
- Integrate and draw conclusions from large structured and unstructured datasets, including primary data sources collected through surveys and 3rd party data sources (such as digital clickstream data, receipt/transaction data, movie and TV consumption data).
- Develop experience in a range of industry standard tools, such as Python, Git/Github, PySpark, AWS, notebooks, and Docker.
- Attend weekly meetings and share your opinions.
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and Business Development teams as well as our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Management, Marketing Sciences and Design.
Who You Are
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous with a strong work ethic and solid business intuition.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic self-starter with an amiably competitive spirit.
- Able to explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and visually.
- Organized and able to plan projects efficiently including an ability to set priorities, problem solve and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, often with tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, collaborative creative thinker.
- Excited by data.
- Critical thinker.
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industries.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Behavior Science, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline.
- Experience learning about analytics, statistical or data science academically or through previous internships.
- Experience or familiarity with SPSS, R and SQL queries.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school within six months of the start of the internship.
This is a temporary non-exempt position. We require interns to work a minimum of 16 hours per week with flexibility to work between the hours of 9am-6pm.
NRG provides flexible work options – employees will be given the choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Culver City or New York) or a hybrid of the two.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in data science?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)