Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking an Entertainment Market Research Intern to join us for our 2021 fall internship program. Our internship is an opportunity for students to be provided with a hands-on experience to work in research, shaping strategy for the world’s most powerful entertainment and technology brands. They will develop an understanding of how research is conducted and how our entertainment clients use it to inform their business strategy. Below is general information on the internship.
- Start Date: Mid-September
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Collaborate on market research studies for major theatrical, OTT and TV clients including but not limited to brand studies, creative testing, content testing, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, and market segmentations.
- Potential to participate in all steps of a research project including but not limited to: database maintenance, survey design and proofing, questionnaire writing, link checking, collecting and analyzing data and data table proofing.
- Populate data to create client presentations and refine reports for better story-telling.
- Assist Analysts in reviewing data and pulling verbatim quotes for client reports.
- Conduct industry research, staying ahead of industry news and trends.
- Provide weekly round-ups of news driving growth for our clients.
- Attend weekly meetings and share your opinions.
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and Business Development teams as well as our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Management, Marketing Sciences and Design.
Who You Are
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom research projects.
- Excited by analyzing data.
- Critical thinker.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Strong, concise technical writing skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and visual communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills; experience with pivot tables and writing macros a plus.
- Strong interest in entertainment industry is a requirement.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in quantitative or qualitative research, entertainment/film studies, consumer insights, consumer research, or in analysis/strategy.
- Candidates with a focus in a social science field or business, or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies preferred.
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school within six months of the start of the internship.
This is a temporary non-exempt remote position (for LA based employees there is the possibility of working out of our Culver City office and for NY out of our NYC office depending on COVID-19 capacity guidelines). We require interns to work a minimum of 16 hours per week (full time availability is preferred). The hours of this position will be 9am-6pm PT.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment but will be remote due to
circumstances of COVID-19. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in theatrical, OTT and TV?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Writing assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)