Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of content, culture and technology, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere on every screen. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology platforms.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and content. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our growing Content & Strategy team focused on helping leading entertainment clients navigate and thrive in a rapidly evolving media landscape. This role will work directly with our Project Manager and our Senior Leadership team. In this role you, alongside our current Project Manager, will provide support to the four executives within the Senior Leadership team running one of NRG’s major practice areas. This role will include project coordination, organizational planning and administrative assistance.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, highly self-motivated, personable, and capable of managing workloads and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. This is a critical role and requires someone highly organized. If you’re passionate about attention to detail, prioritization, organization and smooth processes, and you want to help support a fast-growing, cutting edge, innovative entertainment research agency this is the opportunity for you!
- Work closely with the Project Manager on mission critical strategic projects and reports for the leadership group
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Senior Leadership team and/or the Project Manager, with the full staff or with other executives throughout the organization on key initiatives
- Be the key contact for the Content & Strategy team for group-wide project documentation, preparing, monitoring and assisting in securing all specification (agreement) letters and SOWs with clients across projects; serving as the liaison for the group between the Client Lead, the client and Accounting/Legal
- Coordinate and execute group-wide administrative tasks like the scheduling of larger meetings
- Assist with group-wide scheduling of training sessions and maintain a staffing tracker to monitor the progress of participation in team training modules, skills building and peer recognition awards
- Assist Coordinators with research operational tasks as needed, such as checking online survey links, compiling data table plans and checking the accuracy of the tables, quality control management (proofing questionnaires, tabs and charts) and more
- Maintain depositories of standard templates from training sessions for the team to use to ensure consistency across projects and by client
- Work with Research Coordinators on monitoring and databasing for the upkeep of live norms/benchmarks that support the entire team
- Make travel arrangements, coordinate flights, accommodations and other itinerary specifics for the Senior Leadership team
- Prepare and submit expense reports for the Senior Leadership team
- Develop a strong understanding of the needs of the team and organization at large and ability to prioritize conflicting needs as necessary
Who You Are
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience; recent graduates with relevant workplace experience may also be considered
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management software (e.g., ideally Asana, or others like Trello, Microsoft Project, Wrike)
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Google office tools and/or Apple productivity suite of tools
- Interest in learning the administrative side of a business; financial reporting and organization
- Strong interest and/or experience in the entertainment industry
- Experience in a research agency or entertainment company a plus
- Internally motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered
- Highly organized and extraordinarily detail-oriented
- Positive and personable attitude
- Team player able to work harmoniously and effectively within a team and across teams and initiate decisions or a set of solutions with minimal oversight
- Comfortable handling all matters proactively and able to follow through on projects to successful completion
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, work with limited supervision and adjust easily to changing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met
- Able to communicate clearly on challenges faced and solutions considered in an efficient and effective manner
- Able to think critically in order to understand and respond quickly to complex situations
- Able to react to situations confidently and in a timely and professional manner
- Upholding NRG’s core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit
This is a full-time, non-exempt position in Culver City, CA.
This job operates in a professional office environment (subject to local directives/changes regarding COVID-19). This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in entertainment?
- Why are you interested in a role that assists Senior Leadership?