Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking a Strategic Research Intern who will join us for our 2021 fall internship program. The intern will help support our Strategic Growth team with various initiatives including thought leadership studies and business development efforts, which will deepen the applicant’s communications skills which can be applied for future marketing or business development roles. The intern will have an exciting hands-on opportunity working in research shaping strategy for the world’s most powerful entertainment and technology brands.
- Start Date: Mid-September
- Commitment: 12 weeks
- Support Strategic Growth team with thought leadership study efforts.
- Contribute to DEI thought leadership and other diversity initiatives.
- Proofread and contribute to our client newsletter.
- Conducting research to stay ahead of industry news and trends.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials for digital promotions and client communications.
- Support media release strategy and help to create messaging documents for media including the main story beats.
- Contribute to blog posts for NRG’s website and social media channels.
- Provide weekly round-ups of news driving growth for our clients.
- Assist with identifying new areas of interest for the company for qual and quant research services.
- Assist analysts with various research oriented tasks including link checking, data quality checks, populating data into client presentations for better story-telling and more.
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and Business Development teams as well as our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Management, Marketing Sciences and Design.
Who You Are
- Capable self-starter who is motivated to get into this line of business.
- Strong communicator who has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail.
- Able to successfully manage time and juggle competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Someone who can work independently with good project management skills.
- Creative and critical thinker who can think outside of the box.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework in marketing, communications, consumer insights, consumer research, analysis/strategy or in entertainment/media studies.
- Passionate about the entertainment and technology industries.
- Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the US.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
This is a temporary non-exempt remote position (for LA based employees there is the possibility of working out of our Culver City office and for NY out of our NYC office depending on COVID-19 capacity guidelines). We require interns to work a minimum of 16 hours per week (full time availability is preferred). The hours of this position will be 9am-6pm.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment but will be remote due to circumstances of COVID-19. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in technology, theatrical, OTT, TV and/or video games?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Writing assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)