The 9/11 Memorial Museum Retail Greeter assists by providing an informative, meaningful and quality visitor experience. We are looking for help for over our Summer season. The Retail Greeter will welcome and greet visitors into the store and provide visitors with accurate and helpful information that positively enhances their visit. Greeters are based at the Museum store and the outdoor Retail Information carts.
• Assist in welcoming and providing a memorable experience for visitors to the 9/11 Memorial Museum store and the outdoor Retail Information carts.
• Provide information regarding products and their connection to the Memorial.
• Manage crowd control procedures inside Museum store.
• Assist with stocking the store
• Accurately answer visitor questions, concerns and complaints promptly and efficiently utilizing information provided by the 9/11 Memorial during training.
• Report any visitor concerns to supervisors quickly and efficiently and help provide solutions.
• Direct visitors to information desk and bathrooms at the Memorial & Museum.
• Provide Memorial & Museum visitors with accurate background information about 9/11, the Memorial and the World Trade Center, as provided by the 9/11 Memorial during training.
• Adhere to all Memorial & Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards, including health and safety procedures and excellent customer service standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· We recommend two four-hour shifts every week for the summer. We are flexible with actual start and finish dates, 2-3 months
· Shift Times are as follows: 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm
· Provide communication via email at least 24 hours in advanced if unable to attend a shift
· We request that you not to miss more than two shifts in the summer and we ask you make up any missed shifts within 2 weeks.
• Wear Volunteer uniform (a vest and ID) which will be provided by the 9/11 Memorial.
• Adhere to all Memorial & Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards, including health and safety procedures excellent customer service standards.
• Attend a virtual interview
• Personable and polite, comfortable and friendly interacting with the public
• Outgoing, comfortable approaching people
• Ability to commit to the attendance guidelines
• Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
• Able to stand on their feet for the shift
RESPONSIBLE TO: Volunteers report directly to the Retail Supervisory team.
• You will need to be available to attend virtual trainings in early Summer (dates to be confirmed)
• Background reading training and on-site specific retail training
• This is a volunteer position. No academic credit or compensation is available.
• All candidates be over 16 and submit to and pass a background check.
• The work environment is largely indoors but may also require assisting on outdoor Retail Information carts in all weathers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those that the volunteer will encounter and are expected to meet to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
· Visit www.911memorial.org/volunteer and complete an application form
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.