About the Organization
Nationalities Service Center (NSC) serves more than 5,000 immigrants and refugees each year from over 110 countries. We provide comprehensive services in immigration law matters, community transition and integration, access to health and wellness, language access and proficiency, and job readiness training for immigrants and refugees. NSC’s mission is to welcome and empower immigrants to thrive in our communities and pursue a just future. Our vision is that all immigrants achieve a life of safety and stability, sustainable opportunities, and meaningful community connections.
The INSPIRE Case Manager and Youth Group Facilitator will provide intensive case management services to newcomer populations with special needs. The Case Manager is responsible for case-related activities including administrative support based on program and funding guidelines and intensive case management services. INSPIRE case management serves refugees and immigrants with extensive healthcare needs, including disabilities. The Case Manager will deliver the highest level of case management services through effectively determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, documenting client interactions and proactively supporting clients’ goals.
The INSPIRE Case Manager and Youth Group Facilitator will coordinate and execute weekly youth group sessions. The facilitator will coordinate with intern supports to develop weekly sessions and promote growth of the group and related activities. The individual will also keep track of financial expenditures, group attendance, and assist with grant program requirements.
The Case Manager and Facilitator position has internal contacts with the entire staff and external contact with clients, visitors, representatives of social services agencies and medical providers, and the community. This position has access to sensitive NSC and client information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position is expected to represent NSC in a professional manner.
The Case Manager will report directly to the Manager of Specialized Health Services and INSPIRE Coordinator and participate in all INSPIRE team and department activities as necessary.
- Health and special needs related case management of clients including:
- Coordination of health-related needs including needs assessment, service planning and coordination of needed resources.
- Resource and partner development to meet the needs of enrolled clients.
- Facilitation of NSC Youth Group including:
- Coordination and creation of weekly plans in collaboration with intern support.
- Organize and attend weekly youth group sessions.
- Create and manage Youth social media posts
- Conduct all activities within the funders’ and NSC’s guidelines.
- Actively participate in meetings and other department, agency, community and provider meetings as needed.
- Conduct all activities within the funders’ and NSC’s guidelines.
- Maintain and keep current client case files and track other case related documentation.
- Outreach and awareness raising through participation in outside events and distribution of materials, as needed.
- Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure.
- Adheres to NSC’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of NSC’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, and business plan.
- Knowledge of legal and political issues, and community resources and benefits that impact and/or benefit the targeted client needs.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all NSC and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all NSC in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of basic client management procedures for determining eligibility, assessing needs, identifying resources, making referrals, following up, and documenting client interactions and proactively supporting client’s pursuit of goals.
- Ability to effectively interview and engage a client in appropriate programming.
- Ability to effectively conduct one on one advocacy and/or educational presentations.
- Ability to work in a team structure – demonstrating ability to collaborate and contribute to the team’s work.
Experience and Education
Minimum Experience: 1+ years of case management experience working within the refugee and immigrant community or other related medical case management experience and/or youth services facilitation. Bilingual skills are preferred (with preference given to Spanish, Swahili, Urdu, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Arabic).
Minimum Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study. MSW preferred.
Licensure: Valid drivers’ license with access to reliable transportation or eligible for shared auto program.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The position is part-time exempt scheduled for 24 hours per week. Compensation is $24,000 and includes health and dental benefits and a 403(b) match plan.
How to Apply
NSC’s staff is comprised of individuals with diverse professional and lived experiences, fluency in multiple languages, and a deep knowledge of and commitment to the immigrant communities we serve. We value the diversity of our staff and highly encourage immigrants and persons of color to apply. In your cover letter, please address how your unique experiences and background will contribute to the mission of NSC.
To Apply, please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=27e48a4b-a610-4fda-9822-2ed5e4765278&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
NSC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nor any other basis protected under applicable law.