Test Engineer 10 week internship slightly flexible with start date
Organization: Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division
Weapon Control Test and Evaluation Branch (H46
Duty Station: Internship Dahlgren, VA
Travel: Occasional travel ~20%
Clearance Level Required: Secret (Investigation will be initiated upon selection for position
Citizenship: US Citizenship Require
Point of Contact: Ms. Stephanie George, Stephanie.S.George@navy.mil, 540-846-2972
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is a System Test Engineer for the Battle Management System (BMS) family of projects. BMS is a government owned, mission planning and fire control system that provides safe and effective employment of Precision Guided Weapons (PGW) and Gun Weapon Systems from manned and unmanned aircraft and surface platforms. The Engineer will apply robust test engineering processes in a “hands-on” environment, working closely with internal and external customers, including end-users, to develop and execute test methodologies to evaluate the tactical weapon control system software and hardware. The Engineer will also interface with other engineering functional areas and technical personnel from various external organizations to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document solutions.
As a Test Engineer responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct evaluation of weapon control systems testing in the laboratory and in the field.
- Participate in the installation and assessment of the system conducted locally and remotely.
- Develop and document methodologies for weapon systems integration and verification.
- Execute system test engineering best practices through Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V).
- Assess operational performance criteria and provide input for improving performance.
- Develop and communicate test plans, progress, and performance results both orally and in writing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of test & evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing range/field environment.
- Ability to work independently and team environments.
- Ability to define task details and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Computer Science desired but not required.
- Knowledge of Test Case Management software and/or application desired but not required.