The U.S. Navy offers a rewarding career for those pursuing a degree in Medicine, both MD and DO. One of the benefits for those students that qualify is the opportunity to apply for the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP). This is a 100% scholarship (tuition, fees, books, and equipment) to any accredited medical school in the United States. Also included is a monthly stipend of over $2,300 paid directly to the student for other expenses.
Students in the HPSP program receive other benefits as well. You will have two chances at a match for residency as the Navy also provides residency programs, and you will have a guaranteed job with every outstanding opportunities for promotion and growth. All of this, without the extensive student loan debt that many incur when pursuing a degree in medicine.
· 2, 3, and 4 year scholarships available
· $20,000 signing bonus
· 100% of your tuition is paid
· Monthly stipend in excess of $2,200 to spend as you like
· All educationally required school fees (minus housing and meals) are paid
· Full reimbursement required books, supplies, and equipment
· Citizenship – Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Age – Complete your degree by age 42
· Health – Must meet the Navy’s physical requirements
· Education – Must be enrolled in, or accepted for transfer into a medical school accredited by either the American Medical Association (AMA), or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above to apply. Must complete studies/training as full time students attending all normal school sessions (2 semesters or 3 quarters), and must maintain a GPA of above 3.0 after selection.
· Degree requirements must be fulfilled within 48 months
· Medical Corps (MC) minimum obligation is three years. Four (4) years if signing bonus is elected.
How to Apply:
· To apply for the Health Professions Scholarship Program, request additional information, or if you have questions, contact:
HM1(SCW) Michael P. Danis
Navy Officer Recruiting Station Woodbridge
10 Woodbridge Center Drive, Suite 630
Woodbridge, NJ 07095