See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we offer both virtual and in-person internship opportunities for the Spring 2023 semester, and all internships will be part-time (approximately 16-24 hours per week). Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we are now offering interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
Spring 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Opportunities may include (but are not limited to):
NBC News Digital Insights
Supporting the digital insights team in designing, conducting and analyzing primary research including surveys, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and user testing. The Digital Insights team works with NBC News, MSNBC and TODAY.
NBC News Data Visualization
This team is responsible for explaining the news through visualizations and data analysis. We build interactives, charts, maps, illustrations, graphics and more to tell the news in a compelling and thoughtful way. The intern should be interested in data visualizations and be an avid news reader. You should have an interest in data journalism and will help find stories that we could be telling in a new and visual way. You will also help create charts, maps and graphics for breaking news stories and for reported features.
NBC News Digital Creative Design/UX
As a part of the Product and Design team at NBC News Digital, you’ll join in as we design the future of our products, supporting flexible systems that fuel brands like NBC News, MSNBC, TODAY, Telemundo, and more. Our team of designers are involved from strategy to execution for our mobile apps, OTT platform, web experiences, and the Big Board used on broadcast. You will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to our cross-functional teams and learn from product, engineering, and user insights leaders in addition to being embedded in the design team.
NBC News Group Quality Engineering
CNBC iOS Development
As an iOS Development Intern, you will work as a fully-integrated member of the CNBC Mobile Engineering team, working on CNBC’s flagship iOS App. You will work closely with peers from engineering, product, and design to move our platforms forward. In this internship, you will gain experience and insight from working with an Agile process withing a CI/CD pipeline on an enterprise application.
The group is responsible for Design, develop and test CNBC’s flagship Android applications. The intern will be working on CNBC android app application and collaborate with devs, product and PMO in shipping out features. The intern will be mentored by senior developers in the team and will be guided in their work. The intern will be working on various team initiatives following engineering best practices and writing quality code.
CNBC Software Engineering- Monetization
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of the NBC News Group, specifically in the support of video and revenue-generating initiatives for the CNBC Brand. As a Software Engineer Intern, you will partner with the Product, Operations, Design, and Editorial teams to bring NBC News Digital content to life. You will be a significant influence on our product roadmap, bringing a technical and strategic perspective. You will work alongside fellow inspired developers in a fast-paced environment using technologies like Sass, React.js and GraphQL to help shape the future of digital news.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media and/or technology industry.
- Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership/projects a plus.
- Desired Majors: Digital/New Media Studies, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Journalism, Information Technology, Network Engineer, Mobile Development, Programming, Product Management, Project Management, Software Engineering, Statistics, Web Design, Web Development, Technology Management, User Experience (UX).
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.