It’s at your very core as an engineering brain—your ability to think in ways most can’t and tackle the challenges most won’t. It’s people like you who have joined our Nestlé Purina family at all career levels and developed Tidy Cats Lightweight®, the cat litter champion of the world. People like you who first engineered extruded dry dog food and built patented, customized machinery in each of our factories.
Joining Nestlé Purina as a Management Development Engineer Associate means you’re joining our factory family to play a key role in leading and executing capital projects that impact the larger business. You’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting, human resources, production, R&D engineering, and operations performance to understand how each of these areas collaborate with the engineering management work that you’ll do. Following from there, you’ll experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area and focus on becoming a domain expert at the factory you’re assigned to.
Why engineering with us versus somewhere else? Taking the engineering path of our Management Development Associate is a full-time position that puts you on the fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You are the future leader.
- Develop detailed project scopes that account for operational impact
- Be a problem solver by crafting solutions to problems in accordance with engineering standards
- Prepare specifications, bid scopes as well as evaluate bids and awards for construction projects
- Oversee project start-ups and contractors
- Master plant process flows, utility flows, capacities, procedures and practices
- Develop leadership skills and experience and demonstrate maintenance supervisory capability
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 21 production facilities across the U.S.
- B.S. in Engineering or expected to attain by June 2021
- Prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States in order to qualify for one of these positions.
Davenport, IA; Crete, NE; Clinton, IA; Bloomfield, MO
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission–you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.