As part of the Business Development team at New England Biolabs (NEB), this individual will help identify, evaluate and implement opportunities including, but not limited to, strategic partnering, new ventures and the licensing of IP and technologies. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and will have the ability to work in a team environment, demonstrate initiative, and possess solid analytical skills.
- Drive business development initiatives that are consistent with company’s overall strategy, including the cultivation of new ventures, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify technologies for in-licensing and out-licensing.
- Play a leading role in the identification of business opportunities in new markets.
- Establish collaborative working relationships throughout NEB; actively soliciting input and support for business development initiatives.
- Master’s degree in a core life science discipline required; Ph.D. or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a business development or corporate development role.
- Experience in strategic partnering, licensing of IP and technologies.
- Be available for domestic, and a limited amount of international travel.
- Project management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Scientific orientation, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of molecular technologies.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Diagnostic, Pharmaceutical, and/or Agricultural Biotechnology industries preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in M&A, including valuation, diligence, and business case development.