Employment at New England Biolabs (NEB) offers a challenging and creative work environment in a state-of-the-art research and production facility in Ipswich, MA. The NEB culture emphasizes personal and professional growth through creativity, teamwork, respect and responsibility while maintaining a casual campus like working environment.
NEB is seeking an experienced Director of IT to join our team. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of IT has ownership of the establishment and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and ensures its integration with NEB’s business strategy. This position has oversight for NEB’s information technology, including enterprise architecture, application management, security and risk management and infrastructure and operations support management. The individual in this position will further develop NEB’s IT strategy, drive innovation and continuously improve the IT platform to deliver solutions that promote competitive advantage and support growth of the business.
- Lead IT strategic planning efforts including, but not limited to, the identification and evaluation of new technologies, the prioritization of IT initiatives and the management of IT systems to help transform the business to meet digital opportunities and threats.
- Foster partnerships and build relationships across all departments within the organization and advise on technologies that may improve department efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and direction to a professional IT team and promote a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring.
- Manage vendor relationships and contract management discipline to protect NEB’s best interests, control costs, drive service excellence and mitigate risks.
- Ensure that there are well defined implementation plans and timelines for the successful execution of new or upgraded information systems.
- Participate and partner with the business leadership team to foster support of digital business transformation.
- Support NEB’s business, culture and customer needs.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a technology related field. MS or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of progressively increasing responsibility and achievement in the IT Services area, a majority in applications development and architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership roles creating and executing an IT vision and strategy that inspires and motivates staff. Experience as a CIO/Head IT.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and direct an IT team.
- Strong IT fundamentals with an in-depth knowledge of evolving technologies in the area of IT architecture, software development, security and data warehousing and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations.
- Experience managing and delivering key enterprise platforms such as ERP, CRM, eCommerce and Analytics tools.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and instill confidence with peers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading large, complex and/or transformational initiatives, taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate and digitize the business.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Life Science experience in a highly complex manufacturing environment is preferred.