The Research Department at New England Biolabs (NEB) invites applications for a Research Scientist position focused on evaluation of new technologies for biotechnology applications. Successful candidates will thrive in a dynamic and innovative role as part of a multidisciplinary team at NEB. Experience with a range of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques is required, particularly nucleic acid amplification, next-generation sequencing, and enzyme assays.
- Efficiently evaluate new technologies for biotechnology applications
- Identify exciting new methods and applications, with an understanding of the current state of the art
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to assess multiple and varied new methods and approaches
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple different projects simultaneously; quickly pick up new methods and become an expert in new topics
- Comfort working collaboratively with various cross-functional teams and groups
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with modern biotechnology methods and fields (e.g. NGS, PCR, CRISPR, synthetic biology, etc.)
- Proven track record of technology and method development
- Experience in an industrial biotechnology environment
- Publication of original scientific work in peer-reviewed journal
This position offers exciting opportunities for broad biotechnology training, collaboration with external industrial partners and internal cross-disciplinary teams, and participation in national and international conferences.