State of New Hampshire – Department of Transportation
Bureau of Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO)
110 Smokey Bear Blvd., Concord, NH
Transportation Management Communications Specialist I
Temporary, Part-time, Up to 29-1/2 Hours per week
Labor Grade 12: $15.50 – $18.04 per hour
(Plus shift differential pay, if applicable)
Position #Mass Recruitment
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Systems Management and Operations has 5 part-time vacancies for Transportation Management Communications Specialist Is.
To receive, process, and disseminate information using the Transportation Management Center’s Transportation Management System (TMC’s TMS).
- Scans display wall visually to obtain traffic management information.
- Communicates with other TMC operators and supervisors to coordinate traffic management activities.
- Monitors real-time traffic flow data from multiple sources.
- Operates camera and scans multiple monitors to monitor, verify, and diagnose traffic events.
- Monitors and evaluates environmental conditions and RWIS (Roadway Weather Information Systems).
- Uses multi-channel telephone and radio headset to communicate with other NHDOT employees, other TMC operators, TMC supervisors, inter-agency traffic management personnel, and public about traffic management and traffic events.
Education: Associates degree from a recognized college or university with a major study in any field.
Experience: Two years in a field or occupation including dispatching, communications, emergency response, information technology, or comparable experience. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education
License/Certification: None required.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a negative result on pre-placement urinalysis controlled substance test.
- Must participate in controlled substance and alcohol testing program, which includes random, reasonable cause, return to duty and follow-up testing.
- Applicants are subject to a New Hampshire criminal record background check.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be available to work extended hours during transportation events and/or emergencies as needed.
- Must be available for call-back duty as needed.
All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact Susan Klasen, Administrator, at 603-271-6862 or at Bureau56@dot.nh.gov
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964