General Unit Description: New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program (NJCEP), administered through the Division of Clean Energy, promotes energy efficiency programs and the development of clean, renewable sources of energy, including solar, wind, geothermal, combined heat and power, and sustainable biomass. The Division of Clean Energy works to lower energy costs, reduce demand for electricity, emit fewer pollutants into the air, and create jobs. Through its programs, the Division of Clean Energy offers education, outreach, and financial incentives to residential, commercial businesses and industry, schools, and governmental customers.
Project Description: The Division of Clean Energy is seeking one Energy Efficiency Intern. This Intern will have the opportunity to work with the Deputy Director and the Energy Efficiency team to learn and develop an understanding of the NJBPU’s role in the industry.
Tasks will include the following:
Energy Efficiency Intern What you will do:
· Reports to the Deputy Director in the Division of Clean Energy at the NJBPU and will work day to day with the energy efficiency team on assigned tasks.
· Works closely with Division Staff and contractors to advance the mission of the NJBPU and specifically NJCEP.
· Assists program staff with day-to-day program implementation.
· Performs research, data collection, and analysis on energy efficiency resource development topics as needed in support of the Division objectives.
· Reviews the program design, incentive levels, eligibility criteria, and other parameters of peer state programs comparable to those available through the NJCEP toward recommendations for refinement of existing programs.
· Will work to research and design new or modified energy efficiency programs, as well as perform assigned tasks related to the energy efficiency transition.
· Will focus on other aspects of Energy Master Plan implementation and clean energy agenda initiatives, such as, but not limited to, water and energy benchmarking, building electrification, and more.
· Participates in internal and stakeholder meetings.
What you will learn:
· Gain insight into the structure of programs.
· The process of getting program approval.
· The technologies that save energy.
· The regulatory aspect of clean energy initiatives.
What we’d like to see:
· Strong writing and editing skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
· Ability to effectively work in teams and independently.
· Proficiency in MS Office programs, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Education/Experience: Recent graduates or current students with at least 2-3 years of college experience in the accounting, business management, or engineering from an accredited college or university. NJBPU will work with an educational institution’s cooperative education office to enable students to obtain college credit upon request.
Note: We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve New Jerseyans from every background. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us.