Looking for a way to pay for school? Join AmeriCorps!
Full Time, M-F 10 am- 6 pm
Our mission is to eliminate barriers to academic achievement in the city of Paterson, NJ by recruiting promising college graduates to transform neighborhood schools into fully functioning community schools. Throughout the year, PCSC members serve in local schools and teen centers as tutors, mentors, and leaders in the site they serve at, as well as in the City of Paterson. They provide individual assistance to students who need extra help; plan and implement after-school programming; conduct parent engagement and youth development workshops; and lead community service projects, including food, clothing, and toy drives; community cleanups; and other neighborhood revitalization projects.
- Annual living stipend of $16,000
- Segal Education Award of up to $6,345*
- Loan forbearance on qualified Department of Education loans and interest payments (after the completion of a term of service)
- Free Healthcare
- Free Childcare (if applicable)
- Professional development and training