The team at NJPAC changes lives every day—through our world-class artistic performances, educational programs and public outreach efforts. Join us and become a part of the exciting cultural renaissance happening right now in Newark, New Jersey. In the part-time Project Coordinator role, you’ll assist with a unique, multi-faceted educational program that celebrates the connection between jazz and poetry and its cultural significance in the city of Newark. City Verses: Elevating Voices Through Jazz and Poetry is a three-year collaboration between NJPAC and Rutgers University – Newark that includes virtual school residencies, assemblies, and poetry workshops led by teaching artists, free community events, and ticketed, mainstage presentations. If you’re passionate about the arts, have a strong administrative background, and are looking for an opportunity to make a mark on our city—this is the role for you. · You’ll be our go-to person for all administrative and organizational aspects of City Verses, including event logistics, calendar management, meeting coordination, database and file maintenance, expense reports, invoicing, and general office assistance
- You’ll be a project management wizard, creating timelines and deliverables and communicating expectations and deadlines to faculty
- You’ll act as our communications hub, collecting and distributing information to our project team, partners, faculty, and other stakeholder.
- You’ll assist with the creation of program marketing materials and coordinate video and photo distribution, and archiving for all final performances and special
- You’ll assist with tracking and reporting faculty hours to make sure our teaching artists are paid correctly and on time
- You’ll facilitate and attend planning meetings, site visits, and performances, take and distribute meeting minutes
- You’ll assist the Project Director in maintaining and cultivating relationships across the NJPAC, and with Rutgers University, schools, teaching artists, and community
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
- You’re personally passionate about the performing arts, which may include jazz and/or poetry
- You love logistics and event production—nothing makes you happier than a clean spreadsheet or a perfectly organized calendar · You know your way around a basic artist contract and have some experience drafting agreements
- Your attention to detail is out of this world—you’d never send an email with a typo or distribute a document with outdated information
- You’re comfortable communicating with folks from a wide range of organizations in a wide range of roles, from artists to CEOs
- Your computer skills are strong and databases thrill you! You can juggle Word, Excel, Google Docs and PowerPoint without batting an eye. (And if you have experience with Salesforce or ArtsVision, we can’t wait to meet you!)
- You’re flexible and can adjust to frequently shifting priorities
- You have a BA in an arts or business-related field, or equivalent experience
- Position is remote with various (in person) occasional weekends with advanced notice
- A plus if you speak Spanish!
- You want to make a difference through the arts!
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line P/T PROJECT COORDINATOR, CITY VERSES.
If your application meets our needs, we’ll reach out to continue the process. Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer