The Finance Department is currently seeking a staff accountant as an additional resource to perform daily activities. We require an individual who can assist in transforming routine financial activities into more efficient processes that will enhance the organization’s access to detailed information and its ability to make sound financial decisions.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), located in downtown Newark, NJ, is America’s most diverse performing arts center, and the artistic, cultural, educational and civic center of New Jersey – where great performances and events enhance and transform lives every day. NJPAC brings diverse communities together, providing access to all, and showcasing the state’s and the world’s best artists while acting as a leading catalyst in the revitalization of its home city.
The ideal candidate is a bright, energetic, analytical college graduate with a major in accounting who will assist in duties including accounts receivable, cash analysis, account reconciliation, and reporting. Finance operates using Google Gmail, MS Office, and MS Dynamics (general ledger). We also interact with data from Salesforce, Archtics Ticketing, and Ticketmaster.
In addition to superior accounting and computer skills, this individual will possess excellent interpersonal skills to proactively engage other departments (Arts Ed, Production, and Operations) in understanding processes and workflow. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, is essential.
We expect this high potential individual to bring innovative ideas for process improvement, work well independently, and assume more significant responsibilities over time. The Finance Department expects to grow in complexity in the short term and desires to establish strong talent to meet new challenges.
- Assist with A/R, Cash, and G/L activities:
- Journalize and prove to cash all contributions per Salesforce Reports
- Account for box office and performance settlements
- Maintain A/R sub-ledger
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Analyze cash accounts
- Create journal entries
- Design ledger reports (supporting schedules for audited financials and Form 990)
- Maintain expertise with relevant GAAP guidance and current developments
- Prepare budget documents for upload
- File and archive historical documents
- Bachelors degree in accounting with demonstrated superior knowledge of GAAP
- Strong IT skills. Advanced Excel skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, organized, efficient, focused
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff, management, and external parties
- Exposure to non-profits, arts, and/or education a plus
- MS Dynamics experience a plus
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Staff Accountant
If your application meets our needs, we’ll reach out to continue the process. Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer