EMPLOYMENT SERVICES DIRECTOR
The director of employment services supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization and builds strong relationships with employers, training providers, and state labor officials.
● The primary responsibility of the Director is to facilitate partnerships with reentry-friendly industries and individual corporations to provide employment opportunities for NJRC participants throughout the State of New Jersey.
● The Director will work with professional trade associations, industry leaders, and legislators to identify institutional barriers of reentry employment, to mitigate those barriers, and to provide for incentives for employing court-involved persons.
● The Director shall develop agreements with individual companies to streamline the application, training, and employment process for NJRC participants.
o Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with clients, staff, employers, and the general public. Initiates contact with employers.
o Builds relationships with large statewide employers who are reentry friendly.
● The Director will work cooperatively with training academies, public and private, to identify specific job skills required and to link training to specific corporate employment needs.
o Develops and facilitates training to clients as well as Employment Specialists within the organization
● The Director will work with NJRC Site Directors to prioritize employment specialists’ responsibilities, employment objectives, and measurable outcomes.
● The Director will provide career planning assistance with employment specialists to ensure that persons have a full understanding of regional economic needs, tax incentives for hiring court-involved persons, and necessary strategic relationships within the community.
- Provides career planning assistance to employment specialists regarding scheduling, online assistance, and regularly scheduled workshops with groups.
- Assists NJRC clients with career development and planning processes, including obtaining information on companies, current opportunities for employment and hiring practices, and making the transition to career.
- Distributes information on partnerships and job openings statewide.
● The Director will set forth corporate objectives as it applies to training and employment of program participants, necessary objectives in facilitating industrial and corporate relationships.
● The Director will identify the Department of Labor and Workforce Development grants, initiatives, and interdepartmental efforts to provide and expand training and corporate incentive programs for court-involved persons.
● Establishes procedures, prepares regular reports, and collects and analyzes research data relevant to the career planning and placement of NJRC clients.
● Assists in the development of a budget, supervises expenditures, and maintains fiscal responsibility.
● Develops and facilitates training to clients as well as Employment Specialists within the organization
● Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
● 5+ years demonstrated business to business sales experience preferred
● Marketing experience preferred
● Selling and Communication skills
● Negotiation Skills
● Active Listening Skills
● Instructional design
● Familiar with adult learning theory
● Excellent time management
● Presentation and demonstration skills
● Ability to multitask and prioritize
● Ability to work independently
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)