New Jersey Resources is seeking a BI Analytics intern to assist the IT department as follows:
• Design, build, maintain and enhance data reports in support of analytical needs
• Develop proof of concept and demos for reporting and analytics
• Gather requirements and engage with internal groups/stakeholders to help design and format front-end reports
• Ensure that the data has been brought in accurately and work with the Business Intelligence team and stakeholders to ensure that the data displays according to the requirements provided
• Document work completed and walk business stakeholders through reports that were built during internship
• Define criteria for metrics and understand where data is being sourced
• Assist with non-project/ad-hoc requests, which could include; maintenance related requests, fixing report related issues, answering report/data related questions, helping team members with documentation
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Data Analysis, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence or related discipline
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a 10-week paid summer position from June to August, Monday through Friday.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.