Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
Clean Energy Ventures, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Business Development Analyst to maintain business unit financial plan and forecast working closely with the corporate financial team for New Jersey Resources Clean Energy Ventures (CEV). Support due-diligence efforts for solar and other clean energy investment opportunities. Perform
on-going renewable energy market analysis including trends and current status of specific technologies, wholesale/retail power markets, legislative/regulatory issues and Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)/Renewable Energy Credit (REC) markets. Develop and maintain a database of key market fundamentals in the renewable markets where CEV invests. Develop and perform financial modeling including scenario and sensitivity analysis for markets and projects.
• Perform research and analysis on renewable energy markets and fundamentals
• Develop and maintain market and project-analysis tools
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of energy and incentive markets, both retail and wholesale
• Maintain business unit financial plan and forecast including development of variance and business performance analysis
• Assist with project-data analysis required during different project stages.
• Compile and prepare technical, statistical and/or analytical reports and presentations as needed.
• Assist development team on individual projects including due diligence and financial modeling
• Support development of executive-level communications and presentations
• Update and maintain project and portfolio financial models.
• Maintain portfolio management tools for tracking project investments and renewable energy credits
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts
• Work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree in business, or other related field
• Minimum of three years of experience in market and project analysis
• Experience with energy markets and technologies
• Strong customer focus and project development skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to develop market and project financial models
• Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, pattern detection, and problem-solving abilities
• Must have strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must be a team player with a great passion to succeed and work effectively under pressure
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.