NJR Clean Energy Ventures, a subsidiary of NJR, is seeking an Engineering Intern to assist the Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager with projects and tasks as assigned.
• Work closely with a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager that oversee the construction of commercial solar/pipeline projects to ensure that projects are completed as designed, budgeted, and scheduled, electrical and construction plans
• Assist with inspections, which requires the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications, note any deficiencies, record on a punch list, and direct the contractor to effect remediation and follow up with contractors remediation activities
• Assist with the maintenance inspections of commercial solar and schedule repairs and maintenance outages as needed
• Assist the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar projects
• Assist with the permitting process and development as needed
• Participate in the asset management process to determine deficiencies in asset performance
• Assist with the preparation of various reports and presentations for senior NJR management.
• Effectively represent the company and maintain relationships with contractors, owner’s representatives and property owners through, inspections, system overviews and technical support meetings
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts; work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, environmental or energy)
• Must have a valid New Jersey state drivers’ license
• Travel up to 75% within NJ/PA/DE/NY