Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Web Application Programmer intern to assist the Information Technology team as follows:
• Assist in development, testing, implementation and support of application systems
• Design, code, test and debug functional prototypes of web applications
• Perform basic testing (using test scripts where appropriate) to ensure prototype functions remain reliable and repeatable
• Ability to multi-task and practice good time management skills, both individually and as part of a team
• Collaborate with team members to effectively learn new technologies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, or related discipline preferred
• Demonstration of curiosity and desire to learn as well as contribute to the team
• Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of IT environment, systems, applications and/or infrastructure
• Knowledge of Java, HTML, and ASP.NET, SQL, Python, and OOAD
• Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
• Strong collaboration and team building skills
• Excellent professional demeanor
This is a 10-week summer position from June to August, Monday through Friday.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.