At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
As a key member of our team, this role is responsible for supporting ongoing projects as well as participate in a new initiative that is focused on the molecular mechanisms of filarial endosymbiosis with a long term goal of the discovery of novel drug treatments.
- Perform Molecular biology techniques (purification of DNA, RNA, qRT-PCR)
- Validate essentiality of gene targets
- Study the function of the proteins
- Perform IFA and confocal microscopy for the localization of protein, and phenotypes such TUNEL assay and apoptosis, in whole mounted organisms
- Culture of human and mouse cells: Set tissue cultures using defined cells to detect and analyze responses to living worms
- Test immunogenicity and efficacy of recombining parasite proteins against infection with infective stage larvae and purify monospecific antibodies for ADCC assays in vitro.
- Handle animals; immunized and/or treated with drugs.
- Immunize mice and test the innate and adaptive responses induced:
- Develop protocols, execute them, and solve problems if needed