New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 100,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR implements a unique nonprofit model that teams contributed and earned income to make all its efforts possible. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
The primary function of our Finance department is that of ongoing financial record keeping. Financial information of all types is tracked on a daily basis. The ongoing result is the creation of our financial history that can be used in a variety of ways, as it provides a snapshot of our company’s financial health at any given time. Our Finance department is primarily responsible for the following: Accounting and Analysis, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Tax filing, Treasury, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets.
About the Position
This position is within our Accounting department and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager. The candidate must have extensive Accounts Payable experience, handle all vendor correspondence, assist with requisitions & purchase orders and comparing purchase orders, prices and terms of payment and other charges. The candidate must also be experienced with Concur as well as ad hoc special projects.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Match purchase orders to invoices and process payments to vendors and employees
- Ensure NetSuite vendor profiles contain a recent W9, accurate addresses and contact information
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Monitor the Accounts Payable email box and respond promptly to both staff and vendor inquiries.
- Process both Concur out-of-pocket and AMEX / Concur expense reimbursement reports
- Monitor Concur email box and respond to employee Concur inquiries within 24 hours
- Facilitate monthly Concur Training for new Employees and provide quarterly staff refresher courses
- Maintain the AMEX tracking sheet and produce monthly Amex cardholder expense status report
- Support Year-End Financial Audit by responding to audit inquiries and providing support
- Work with Finance Leads to estimate Year-End A/P Accruals
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Minimum 5 years of extensive Accounts Payable experience in a fast pace organization
- 1 year experience with NetSuite ERP – A/P Module
- 1 year experience with Concur or similar expense reporting system
Education & Certifications:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Microsoft Office: Excel (v-look up, pivots…), Word and Power Point
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess strong vendor relationship skills
- Organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Able to work independently and work as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Able to interact well with all levels throughout the organization