NYU’s Environmental Health and Safety Department seeks an NYU student employee who wants to join a team that makes a difference while earning some money and gaining valuable experience. The EHS team helps to keep NYU employees safe by providing instruction and training on various OSHA topics. As a member of our team, you would work closely with the Training Manager in developing creative and engaging ADA compliant SCORM training packages that would be viewed on NYU’s iLearn LMS system. Knowledge of PowerPoint and Articulate is a plus.
Additionally, the successful applicant, will assist in maintaining a database on Amazon Web Services. Knowledge of the AWS system and Java is a plus for this position.
- Assist with designing and producing SCORM training materials and content for distribution on University LMS systems. This includes:
- Creation of instructional scripts
- Creation/editing of PowerPoint presentations
- Conversion of PowerPoint presentations to SCORM content using Adobe Articulate
- Providing voice over content for online presentations
- Maintaining and updating SQL Database on AWS Servers
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac, HTML/CSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Demonstrative knowledge of Adobe Articulate
- Demonstrated experience with MySql database design and maintenance
- Java and AWS knowledge
- Knowledge of Elastic Beanstalk and connections to database resources
- Experience with livestreaming platforms strongly preferred but not required
- Proven track record of problem solving while working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with students, staff and faculty from a wide range of backgrounds, ages and work style preferences
The work schedule for this position will be determined by the supervisor but will be flexible. Partial remote work is possible. This position is available for January and Summer terms and will be reoccurring until graduation from NYU or academic separation from NYU. This position is available exclusively to NYU students.
The incumbent will meet with their supervisor throughout their appointment to discuss milestones, overall performance and to identify areas of improvement.