Dr. Natalia Rojas is offering unpaid internship opportunities to students seeking to gain research and preschool classroom experience. This project seeks to better understand the quality of preschool for dual language learners. We are looking for students interested in child development, dual language learners, and educational policy for an unpaid internship this fall (September – December)!
Description: Research activities will take place on virtually during regular weekday hours. Dr. Natalia Rojas will oversee research trainings and activities. The internship will be similar to training in an educational environment and is designed for the benefit of the intern. This is a great opportunity for students to gain research experience and spend time in preschool classrooms. There may be opportunities for professional development, including poster presentations and manuscript preparation. Responsibilities may include:
– Code audio-recordings of classroom observations using a specific protocol
– Conduct virtual interviews with teachers
– Opportunities to learn more about cleaning and managing datasets
– Hours are flexible, but typically involve 10-20 hours per week
This opportunity is open to individuals with experience and interest in children and education policy.
Candidates should have:
– Fluency in Spanish
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Motivation and perseverance to complete assigned tasks
– Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written language
– High levels of professionalism (detail-oriented, dependable, flexible, and responsible)
Candidates will be evaluated based on their interests, availability, and experience.
To Apply, please submit a resume or CV to Natalia Rojas, at email@example.com, as soon as possible. (Include “Research Interns” in the subject line).