Research Fellowship Details
NGI offers a new nonprofit transformative fellowship program for students committed to addressing global challenges through a blend of nonprofit work and social entrepreneurship. This opportunity provides a chance to make a positive impact while fostering innovation and leadership. We welcome new ideas and lateral collaboration.
Position: NGI Fellowship
- Location: Remote
- This fellowship opportunity is offered to U.S and Lebanon based applicants.
- Duration: Spring Semester (Early/Mid January – Early/Mid May)
- Commitment: Minimum 18 hours per week
- Stipend: $250/month for US-based students, $100/month for Lebanon-based students
Fellowship Focus: Dedicated to supporting refugee and host communities in Lebanon through a blend of supporting existing humanitarian efforts and researching innovative technology solutions.
Tech-Driven Solutions (Social Entrepreneurship based) Research:
- Use insights to explore technology solutions to address refugee & host community challenges.
- Collaborate on innovative tech-based interventions.
Assisting Refugee NGOs:
You will be paired with a local NGO (in Lebanon) & provide support with certain projects
- Ex. researching grants and drafting applications (I utilize an AI grant writing tool)
- Provide research and support to enhance NGO operations.
- Forge partnerships with refugee organizations.
- You will be paired with a local NGO (in Lebanon) & provide support with certain projects
- Assisting with smaller projects – fundraising event planning, website development (if interested), etc.
- Passion for social entrepreneurship, global issues, and refugee rights.
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and online collaboration tools.
- Interest in humanitarian aid, NGOs, and technology.
- Make an impact on refugee communities.
- Gain real-world insights into NGO challenges and refugee issues.
- Mentorship from experienced professionals.
- Working with multilateral organizations, stakeholders, policymakers, etc.
- Guest Speaker Program: NGI hosts guest speakers from various disciplines including humanitarian, non-profit, business, policy and academic spaces. This opportunity allows for an interdisciplinary experience and strong professional networking opportunities. (Ex. Previously we’ve had staff join us from UNHCR Lebanon, US Senate Foreign Relations Committee, AU Beirut Issam Fares Policy Institute.)
- Submit resume/CV and a cover letter showcasing motivation and relevant skills to Handshake or email@example.com
- Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis so submit your application as soon as possible.
Note: NGI values diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.