NielsenIQ’s Finance Emerging Leaders Program offers a powerful and unique experience for top undergraduates interested in a leadership career with the world’s leading provider of global marketing information and consumer insights. This internship provides an opportunity for 2023 graduates to explore the NielsenIQ environment and gain insight into the full time Financial Emerging Leaders Program.
At NielsenIQ, information is our business. We deliver solutions to our clients in the form of high quality information that helps them grow and compete more effectively. The Finance Emerging Leaders Program (FLP) is a challenging program designed to develop leaders who will position NIQ for growth. As an FLP intern, you will gain exposure to aspects of corporate finance that may include: financial planning & analysis, controllership, investment decision-making, risk management and valuation, and treasury operations. In addition, you will be participating in an innovative program that encompasses:
- A ten to twelve week summer assignment, either in Chicago, IL or remote.
- Development of personal and professional skills through training, networking, and mentoring relationships.
- Interactions with senior leaders during intern activities such as lunch and learn events and leadership dialogues.
- The opportunity to build teamwork skills through participation in group projects and community service events.
- A competitive hourly rate and a sign-on bonus for travel to and from the intern assignment location.
- The opportunity to apply for the Financial Emerging Leaders Program. Successful candidates will be strongly considered for the full-time associate program upon graduation.
Intern assignments typically focus on vital business processes and projects such as: simplification, integration, business process re-engineering and project management. Assignments vary according to business need and intern qualifications but all are designed to stretch your skills and to support your professional development by providing clear goals and actionable feedback on your performance.
To apply for an internship, you should be an undergraduate with an anticipated graduation date of 2023 with a Finance, Accounting, or Economics related major. You must also meet the requirements for the full time Financial Leadership Program. These requirements include:
- Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA)
- Experience or coursework in financials, statistics and foreign languages
- Leadership role in college extra-curricular activities
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to pursue a challenging career in various locations
- Passion to apply technology to deliver business results
- Enthusiasm for streamlining and simplifying processes
- Disposition to learn from different cultures and new ways of thinking
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Demonstrated skill in project management
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Permanent Work Authorization in the U.S.
An internship is a unique opportunity for you to experience the NIQ environment, culture and team while enhancing your professional and personal skills. You will learn more about the Emerging Leaders Program and have opportunities to interact with program associates as you explore the possibilities of a leadership career with NielsenIQ. As a leader in providing global information, come discover us!
To be considered for an internship in the FLP, please submit your resume and cover letter which should include reasons why you are interested in the program.